Sunday, August 22, 2010

LOVING IT

Sorry if this blog is weird I´m typing on a Portuguese computer. Well I had one and a half hours of sleep the night before the flight, and slept a total of two hours during my trip, and then fell asleep at 3AM that night so I was very tired. I was nervous when I saw where everyone was because I couldn´t find my family, but then I looked and saw a huge pink sign and went to them. There were many people there, all smiling and hugging and kissing me... I loved it. They drive so crazy here, but since everyone here knows everyone else drives crazy, it´s actually safe even though I have like a mini heartattack all the time.
The next day I got up at 1PM and there was a huge lunch, like 20+ people and it was really good. They eat all the time... no seriously, and whenever I go into the room with them they ask, "¿Quieres mas comer?" which means do you want more to eat. I think it´s funny! That night we played Wii and had lots more food and toured Ambato. The mall is so different, well everything is it´s so funny.
The next day, today was amazing. I mentioned I wanted to go to Baños in passing and they said we´d go Domingo and we did! It´s so pretty, many cascadas (waterfalls) and delicious. Lots more food. It was weird though at lunch I started crying and I felt SO weird because I wasn´t sad I was actually really happy and the tears just came. I said I missed my family, which I do, but really I had no idea why I cried. The mom of one girl who left for Switzerland said she was watching me be happy and it gave her hope her daughter was doing well, but when she saw me crying she became nervous. I felt so bad because honestly I don´t think I could have a better family. After lunch, we went to the church which was really pretty, and then to get more food. We went to Salsaca, I think, on the way to Baños, and there was a really cheap market. I got so much stuff and spent so little, it´s fantastic. I got more stuff in Baños too, but my family is always offering to pay for everything so I hardly spend anything. I love them so much, they love giving stuff and I feel weird accepting, but it´s polite too and I really do appreciate all they do for me. We got home and now I´m at my counselor´s house and they´re playing a soccer video game.

One funny (well kind of) story:
There was a sign that said "Ambato tiene futuro" which means "Ambato has future" and I was reading it out loud in a questioning way and the driver, I forget her name but I absolutely adore her, though I was asking it as a question. It was funny.
Also, when we were driving around Ambato, there was a chick fight on TV with them punching eachother and ripping out eachothers hair. It was really funny, we were all laughing, and so so weird.

One thing I don´t like:
Too many stray dogs, it´s so sad. They´re literally everywhere and I feel so bad that I can´t do anything.

Update on the language:
I´m doing okay! They´ll say something in Spanish, I´ll say something in English, so on. Emi is the translator too, and we´re doing okay. I don´t understand when they talk fast to eachother, but when they talk to me I understand almost all of it.

To sum it up, I love it here. I absolutely 100% LOVE my family they´re so nice to me and understanding and funny and I literally couldn´t have gotten a better one. I´m never leaving here!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog, honey. Really glad that it is all working out for you. I'm sure the tears were just the result of fatigue and the emotion of having it all really happening for you. It sounds like you have a great family for your hosts. I'm sure they appreciate your sunny personality also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sis! Glad to hear you made it safely, and you're having a great time. I was sure you was going to. Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete